We believe that the best way to address the issues in and surrounding Maternal Mental Health is through the power of creative collaboration. We do this by building partnerships with non-profits, research organizations, community building groups, educational institutions, and others passionate about Maternal Mental Health; to find solutions that make a difference and last.
What began as one woman’s mission to make sure no mom felt alone in this illness quickly grew into a foundation committed to decreasing the stigma, increasing education and ensuring women have the resources and support necessary to survive and thrive the most common complication of childbirth. The best thing we can do together is give others the chance to share their story… because storytelling saves lives.
How We Work
The Bloom Foundation is an operating Foundation. The money raised by the Foundation is spent directly on our programs, not as salaries within our organization or grants to other charitable organizations.
The Bloom Foundation’s charitable work is performed and implemented by our staff, volunteers, and partners on the ground. 100% of our operating profit is dedicated to our programs. Our programs include but are not limited to:
- Peer-to-Peer Support Group Training – donations are used to award scholarships for training
- Creative Art Therapy Programs – donations are used to purchase supplies for moms making the Bloom Bracelets
- Stipends for Facilitators – donations are used to validate the trained peer support group leaders time spent helping moms struggling with PMADs.
- Call to Action Social Media Campaigns – are used to raise awareness on an international level about PMADs via social media
- Community Events – donations are used to sponsor local events to raise awareness both in family events and in mom only events.
- Online Support for Survivors & Sufferers – donations are used to enable Bloom to have specific online support for our trained Peer Group Leaders, our moms currently struggling, and our moms who have healed and are supporting others now.
- Ongoing Community Connections – donations are used to provide a continued community for mom and baby beyond the first year.
- Co payment fees – donations are used to help moms with copays for proper treatment via a voucher system.